Posts tagged playscale
Posts tagged playscale
1:6th Scale miniature Eames inspired elliptical table in classic brown and natural for Barbie, Blythe, etc.
Tropical drinks for dolls. According to a friend they are 1/6th size? All I know it they are the perfect size for Monster High dolls xD
Liquid Fimo, glass, toothpicks and clay. No idea if these look realistic at all lol
Last week I was working on some props for an upcoming doll diorama of mine. Among them were these 50 miniature books in 1/6th scale (Licca, Blythe, Momoko, Barbie, etc). :) That was a loooot of folding and gluing!
Miniatures in playscale are not nearly as common as typical 1/12th dollhouse items, hence me doing my own props! I had fun picking the sort of covers for books I wanted displayed on little shelves. It was important the books were on diverse topics. Many are scans of my own books, sized down to miniature scale.
There’s Anne Frank (my love for her knows no bounds), Alice in Wonderland, vintage science fiction, ghost stories, childrens fairy tales, cooking books, dictionaries, craft and sewing books, manga, and so on. Lots of books a dolly would be interested in. :)
I have to say I am constantly amazed at what the playscale people make.
That is a terrible place to store firearms Barbie are you retarted?
Ugh, just look at that choice of wallpaper…
And that sweater! Hippie.
(OMG BARBIE WTF?! Why is that pot on your chair? Honestly, there is no reason for your kitchen to be structured like this! Your kitchen is a fucking mess!)
I’m sorry Barbie but that purse was so last season.
Is that hose sticking out of the sink? Girl, you’ve got some cleaning to do…
Barbie, are these cookies that I see!? I though you were in a diet, girl!
Why would you all be so critical of such a healthy picture? Look, she’s drinking a glass of water—so healthy. And check out her recycling setup—that’s some serious environmentalism there.
I was bored. I did a set-up and took photos! Might do more. Used items are as follows:
- All the big furniture was bought at garage sales or thrift stores
- The chest was bought at Michael’s craft store and painted by yours truly, the place mat on the floor is also from Michael’s.
- The male doll is a VOLKS made to look like Jean Jacques-Mondo from “Spriggan”
- The girl doll is an Obitsu named Aiko
- The “Yankee Candle” is lip balm that came from Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- All the clothes are for Barbie or Ken dolls, the kimono is an off-brand
- Everything else is from miscellaneous sources, including an art market, thrift stores, and my grandma.